Sunday, December 12, 2010

First mountain to beach experience


The cabin and a view of Guatemala.

This past week of school flew by and this weekend was one of my favorites since I got here. On Friday night, I went out with some friends to celebrate a friend's birthday at one of the clubs. It was fun to go out with everyone and we were dancing all night long. On Saturday, I slept in and then went with Valeria (another 5th grade teacher), her boyfriend and her mom to their cabin up in the mountains. It was beautiful and soooo much fun. Definitely something very different and relaxing to get away from the city.



The road STRAIGHT down from the cabin.

The house was WAY up in the mountains. I'm talking unpaved roads and necessary 4 wheel drive. The road was literally straight up. We went out to dinner in Ataco and then went back up, relaxed and watched Love Actually in Spanish. Sunday morning we woke up and her mom cooked us a delicious Salvadorian breakfast....eggs with ham, beans and tortillas, it was amazing. We packed up and left around 10:30am to make the hour drive down to the beach. Her uncle has a beach house that we hung out at for the day. It was so crazy going from freezing up in the mountains and by freezing I'm talking like 60 degrees haha to being at the beach laying out in only an hour.


The beach house. Most beach houses here have pools too, not sure why :)


Valeria and I on the beach.


Oh just hanging out reading in the hammock.

We spent the day relaxing at the beach and laying out, it was definitely the best of both worlds all in one day. This week is already off to a great start. One day down, one and a half to go. I can not wait for Friday to be here but I am not looking forward to the 70 degree temperature change in one day, I'm not sure the body is going to like that so much. I'm already dislike winter so am going to do my very best to not complain. Well I'm so excited to see everyone, I can't believe the time is actually here!

No comments:

Post a Comment