Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First Banana Crop

So I am back after three weeks at home. It was so wonderful to be home and to see everyone. However, I am glad to be back to warmer weather and being busy again. I've been hearing that there is lots of snow at home, brrrrr!! I got back late Saturday night with no travel problems at all, everything went very well. Sunday I decided it was time to go to the beach so a few friends and I just drove down to a restaurant right on the beach for the day and hung out to relax on our last day of vacation. I saw one of my students there and 2 other people that I know, I really am starting to have a life here and realize how small of a country El Salvador really is. It was funny though because I went up to my student and he is a shy one but he was soo cute. He was all embarressed but you could tell really excited to see me. Well I started talking to him in English and his dad was there with him and Diego started talking to me in a little bit of English and his dad was giving him a hard time because I guess he never speaks English at home. After that situation, in class this morning on the first day back, I asked the students...."How many of you did not speak one work of English the whole break?" and 6 or 7 of them raised their hands and I thought, Oh awesome haha. So i tried to talk very slowly today because some of them were probably a little bit out of it.

Yesterday, we had the day to prepare and get some assignments done of things that we had to do over break and get all of our grades entered. We have to do report cards next week because it's already the end of 2nd quarter, that means halfway done. CRAZY! It is getting very warm here during the days, actually a little hotter than I would like, haha but it still gets very cool at night so there is never a problem sleeping. My roommate's parents are here visiting right now so there have been lots of people around the apartment. They went down to stay at the beach for a few days and will be heading home this weekend I think.

After school today, I was relaxing on my patio and catching up on some emails when I realized, our bananas are done!!!! There had been some bananas growing in our backyard for about a month and I wasn't sure when they would be done but the gardeners take care of all of that stuff and today they were down by our back door. They are still a little bit green but I can't wait until they ripen up and we can eat them, how exciting!!


Yeah idk why it wouldn't let me rotate the picture but oh well you get the idea. Flip your computer screen to the side if you must.


Other than that, things are going well. Settling back in and trying to get through the week. I'm starting some exciting units though so that helps keep me motivated. Miss and love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment