So my roommate, her bf, and another teacher went on the kayak trip. It was great! We left the city at 6:30am and arrived to the beach spot a little before 8. We put our kayaks in and took off. I had never kayaked before but we went out in an estuary in a section just before the ocean. It was beautiful.
We first paddled out to this view of the volcano.
After we paddled out that way, we went out to this little island right before the ocean starts and had a snack and rested a while. My arms were getting quite tired! We walked around on the beach there and relaxed before heading back to where we put our kayaks in. We headed back to the original spot and had a nice lunch.
The kayaks of our group.
This was the company's first trip and it was very well organized and a great time. It was just a part of the day so we got back to the city a little after 3. Tonight I'm just putting final touches on my papers for tomorrow and feeling ready to take on the week. I watched the Bears game tonight (in spanish) and saw the osos lose. Yeah it was interesting to hear it all in spanish haha but still fun. Well I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. It looked very cold in Chicago at the Bears Game. Love and miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment