This past week at school was Folklore Week so each day one of the grade levels did some kind of activity or presentation that they presented to the rest of the school. 5th grade was on Thursday and the students talked about how corn is produced and all of the steps that it goes through and then brought in food for all of the other grade levels to try. They had a great time with it and did really well. They presented all in Spanish and it's still so funny for me to hear them speak spanish.
This is a picture of the students presenting their research to some of the younger students.
Today I'm heading over to the embassy to watch the super bowl so that I can see all of commercials. I'm sure it will be on here but I would prefer to watch it in English and I wouldn't get all of the commercials, which are clearly the best part. Plus the embassy is having some kind of party so why not? Other than that, this week coming up on Thursday we are going on a field trip to a sugar mill. It will be fun and definitely a new experience. We take a bus like in the states I think, except we have to take security guards with us on the bus. Not that we are going anywhere dangerous but just to be safe.
Next weekend is the PTA Turno which is a big carnival, festival that the PTA puts on with carnival games, rides and things. The kids are all VERY excited about it. Not sure what to expect with that. If it's anything like the Bingo the PTA put on, I'm a little nervous haha. Well I hope everyone is enjoying all of the lovely snow you are having, I am still enjoying the lovely weather we are having here :) Be careful shoveling and i'll try to write more often now that my class is finished. Miss you all!
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment