I'll start with the PTO Turno last weekend because people were asking about it so much. I honestly didn't go for that long. It was Friday night and most of the day Saturday. Friday night was when it was busiest and I guess it was wild. There were about 5 or 6 carnival rides and then a bunch of different booths that you could play games at. I went down Saturday afternoon for about 45 minutes just to check it out and see what it was like. It wasn't very busy when I was there which I was happy about. I saw a few students and just took it all in. I'm sorry to say that I didn't even take any pictures but it was just like everything else at this school, unnecessary and over the top.
But this last week was a rough one. I spent last weekend just relaxing and sitting around, nothing too exciting. Monday came around and I was just feeling very burnt out from teaching and not wanting to be there. That attitude definitely rubbed off on the kids because Monday and Tuesday were very rough days. The kids were misbehaving like crazy and we weren't getting anything accomplished, I felt like a terrible teacher. Tuesday night I slept well and woke up Wednesday morning with a positive attitude that I was going to make a change and make things better! The rest of the week was 100 times better and we are back on track now. I just needed to change up some seats and being a little bit stricter to show them that I meant business. Yesterday they were like angel children so I'm not sure what's gotten into them but I'm ok with it :)
I got my grades from my masters class this week too and I got an A on my final paper and my presentation. The professor gave me some great feedback too and some kind words about how I'm going to be a great teacher. I was the only first year teacher in the class so I was kind of the "baby". This weekend I am just relaxing today and running an 11K race tomorrow with some other people from the Complejo. It's about 7 miles so we'll see how that goes, hopefully I survive. We went down to pick up our packets this morning and got our shirts and things. The shirts are very nice. I'm excited for the race...i haven't run one in a while. It's tomorrow morning at 7am. Well that's been the last week or so of my life. I'll write updates again after the race. Hope all is well at home. Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment