Diego and I.
So my student has been asking me week after week to go to his lake house and then the mom was asking me too. Things kept coming up and I was unable to go but I decided that I needed to stop saying "another time" and go! So I said I would go and they said that I could bring a friend. I made my friend Andrea go with me for moral support.
Lake Coatepeque-a crater lake. GORGEOUS!
So we left Saturday morning around 11am and went to meet them at their amazing city house which is actually very close to the complejo. So the mom rode down with Andrea and I just in case we got lost and separated from them. We drove down and Andrea and I were thinking we probably wouldn't spend the night just because that's a lot of time for me to spend with my student haha. We got there around 12:15 and the house was BEAUTIFUL.
House at the lake...no big deal.
Once we settled in and got a tour of the house, they took us for a tour around the lake on the boat. Well, actually the helper man that lives there who drives the boat for them took us out on the boat. I forgot to mention that there is one maid that lives in a smaller house next to their house on the property and her and her husband watch over the house during the weeks. They also brought another maid with them from the city. It gets better....
So after the trip on the boat, we sat on the dock and watched the boys wakeboard and jet ski while the parents, Andrea and I just relaxed and chatted. There was constant food, service and drinks. I felt a little overwhelmed with all of it. Well after some time in the sun, the mom said they were going to take a nap and the boys were playing video games so she told us we should watch the sunset from the 2nd floor balcony and lay on the lounge chairs. She brought us a blanket and asked if we needed anything to eat or drink.....treating us like queens.
Watching the sunset from the terrace.
After the sunset, we showered and got ready for dinner. There was fondue for dinner which was again served to us by the maids. I felt so strange having people doing everything for me but that is how life is for these kids, that's all they know. After dinner, they had made up a room for us because we decided we were going to stay. It was like a hotel...sample size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, towels and wash cloths. There was a candle lit in the room and they had turned on the A/C for us. They showed us to the room and made sure to close the curtains and also the darkened curtains so that no sunlight would come in and wake us up in the morning. We had a full breakfast in the morning and took one more trip on the boat before we took off around 11. They wanted us to stay for lunch but we needed to get back to the city and get ready for work tomorrow.
It was such an amazing weekend. I can't believe it! My student was so funny too because he was SO excited that I was there and kept saying "Miss Marissa, watch this" "Miss Marissa, did you know this?" haha and he was filling me in on all of the gossip of the 5th grade and tattling on kids that do things at school that they think I don't know about. I then told him that I was going to talk to those kids on Monday and he said "NO! Miss Marissa you can't tell them that I told you!" haha it was too funny. Overall, it was a really great weekend and I'm interested to see how he acts this week and he will be so proud and rub it in to all of the other students that I went with HIM to HIS lake house haha. Hope everyone else had a great weekend and has a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment