Friday, January 20, 2012

First new student in the class

So since coming back from break, things have been going well. 2 weeks down and moving right along. Nothing too exciting to report on over the last few weeks but didn't want to fall off the face of the earth again with my blogging.

This past week I had a new student come into my class. A student from Ecuador but that has been living other places. He speaks both languages very well so he fits right in. It was definitely a challenge this week both trying to get him used to our routines and also control all of the other students because all of the students were SO excited about having a new student in the class, kind of annoying for me but understandable. I needed to have a lot of extra patience this week. This week I also had to get my precourse work done for the next Framingham master's class that is coming up. It starts a week from Monday, on the 30th, and will be my 4th. There are 9 classes in the program so I'm moving right along.

This weekend I'm hoping to relax some. There is a 10K race on Sunday that I'm doing with some friends so that should be fun. I might go to the beach tomorrow. One of my students, who's father is the owner of one of the movie theaters here, gave me 2 free tickets randomly haha so might go see a movie too, or save them for another time.

I hear that there is a big snow hitting home right now. I hope you are all enjoying it and enjoying it for me. I was so sad that I didn't get to see ANY while I was home. It was nice that it wasn't so cold, but a little dusting of snow would have been nice. I will write more after the weekend about the race and what I end up doing. Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment