On Thursday, we had a Teacher Institute Day but I had permission to miss the morning part because I was invited to a past student's Bat Mitzvah. It was a wonderful experience and like nothing I had ever been to before. The ceremony was a mix of Hebrew and Spanish. I understood all of the Spanish just fine but the Hebrew....not so much. It was a beautiful ceremony and her parents both spoke and gave her blessings. She then gave thanks to lots of different people and ended the ceremony with a candle ceremony. She lit a candle for each year of her life and had different people come up and help her light the candles. One of them was her teachers and there was just one other teacher and myself there so we went up to help her light the candle, it was very sweet.
Jon, Shelly and I.
Today I am just relaxing and then going to a game of Jose's tonight. Tomorrow I am going to spend the afternoon/night at the beach and come back on Sunday. I will be coming home for another wedding next summer. Next June, my best friend Jenna will be getting married and she asked me to be her Maid of Honor this week. Another quick weekend at home but definitely VERY excited about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment