Tuesday, May 22, 2012

First hike around Laguna Alegria

This was a jam packed weekend and I can't believe that it's already over. The last week went well and I can't believe we are down to only 14 days, so crazy! We are starting to review a lot and grades are done next week so then it will just be a lot of busy work to finish off the year :) On Friday, I went out to dinner with some other ladies to a nice Chinese restaurant. It was nice to get out and enjoy delicious food with great company! Saturday was a relaxing day...ran some errands, and then spent some time with a friend that I hadn't seen in FOREVER! Jose had a game in the evening so Rachel and I went along to watch.
Today I went on a hike to Laguna Alegria. It's a lake about 2 hours away and it is green because of it's high sulfur content. It is surrounded by mountains and volcanoes and is gorgeous. Jose and I went with some other friends and it was quite the hike. It was about 3 hours up but through non-existent trails, over rocks, and up-up-up.
On the way down, it started raining and thank goodness we went down a different way because we wouldn't have made it over those rocks when it was raining. Overall fun and beautiful but Jose and I decided that hiking is something that we only need to do every once in a while....a very once in a while haha. This week the students have their semester writing exam and I am just starting to wrap everything up. It hasn't hit me at all that the year is almost done. I think I am thinking too much about the Framingham class that I still have hanging over my head before summer will start too. But less than a month until I'm home!

No comments:

Post a Comment