Saturday, June 11, 2011

First year teaching....check


Graduation.

I can not believe it is over. It takes me a long time to realize things and it is hitting me more and more every day that this school year is done. I have not cried yet though. People say that you never forget your first class from your first year teaching and that is so true. I throw every part of myself into teaching and relationships so I got really attached to these kids. I know that I will have a whole different bunch next year that I will love but these kids were extra special to me.


WIth some of my girls at graduation :)

I still have to work on Monday and Tuesday but then I am done and coming home Thursday! We had graduation yesterday morning and that was hard but I didn't cry or get too upset there because I knew I would see the kids again at the party last night. Leaving the party, I didn't cry but I was hit with a huge feeling of emotion and sadness. The party was organized by the moms and was just a party for the kids. As everything is here, it was over the top. It was like a wedding reception haha. At the beginning, there was a slideshow of pictures of the kids all the way from kinder up until now. Then it was a big dance party so I was up dancing with all of the kids. When I was leaving, I was saying goodbyes and a few of the girls and a couple boys started crying. It's crazy how much of an impact you have in the lives of kids. For me, it was such a great year. It was definitely challenging at times and tested my patience but overall, for a first year, it was great.

This weekend, I am just relaxing mostly. A big group of teachers are going down to the beach club one last time before one of the families leaves to go back to the states. Tomorrow a set of parents from the school (who have taken a lot of us in as part of their family) are having a goodbye party for all of us at their farm out near the volcanoes with pool and all. Then I work Monday and Tuesday, pack up Wednesday and head out early Thursday morning. I can not believe it. I am feeling very excited and very ready to come home! I can't wait to see all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment