So after two full weeks of school, things are going VERY well. I like my class a lot and I think it's going to be a great year. They are definitely a lot more relaxed than last years class and I don't think I realized how crazy those kids were until I got this one. Some of the other teachers were laughing and saying that maybe the principal gave me a really chill class so that I am convinced to stay longer. Who knows but I still have no idea what I will do.
One of the highlights of the week was when we were doing a science experiment that I had done with my class last year but it ended up being so crazy and the kids were all over the place. This year (having learned from last year) I made sure that instructions were VERY clear and guidelines were understood and it was great! Another highlight was one of the mom's came in this week because I have a new student in my class. When there is a new student, the parents come in to tell the class about the child and their family. She moved here from Mexico but is fitting in just fine. It was interesting to hear the mom talk about their family history and the back and forth from Mexico.
This weekend was relaxing. Friday night, I just hung around my apartment with friends, Saturday went for an intense hill run with the complejo running group, ran some errands doing the day and FINALLY went to get pupusas that night. I hadn't had them since I was back in July, how crazy! I am trying my very best to not work on the weekends or bring work home and so far so good :) This evening, Jose and I watched Green Hornet. It was good....an adventure movie but also funny too!
This week is a busy one with spanish classes starting up on Mon/ Wed (yes, I am going to do my best to actually go for longer than a few weeks this time). Then, Thursday night is Open House. Busy, busy but only 2 full weeks then a short 3 day week for Independence Day. Happy Birthday to Caitlyn on Wednesday and Happy Anniversary to my parents on Thursday! Love and miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment