So I am officially back and settled. I had a great time at home but the time went by very quickly. I was home 5 weeks and in that time, spent some time in Colorado, visited friends, enjoyed driving, and Jose came to visit! I didn't realize how much I missed being home until I was there and it was so wonderful to see everyone!
I got back on the 21st after a missed connection and extra night spent in Miami and have been busy welcoming all of the new teachers for next year. We have been taking them on lots of shopping trips, to different parts of the country and have had lots of dinners and gatherings and things. It has been busy but also fun to get to know them and see all of these people with eyes wide open and think that it was just a year ago that I was in their exact same position.
Once all of the welcoming was done, I still had a bit of time before school started so I went to a resort for a couple nights with some friends. It was a nice, relaxing end to the summer.
Today was the first official day of work and it was somewhat productive. We got back into our classrooms, started putting things back on the walls, got our schedules and are getting all ready to go. I have the same morning plan time which will be nice so my schedule will be exactly the same as last year. I still don't know who will be in my class but will find out on Wednesday. I am ready to start the school year and getting excited for Thursday to come.
This week has been busy, busy preparing but I will write more after the first few days of school. I can't believe it's time to start another year already, my SECOND year of teaching. So crazy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment