So this was a busy week but overall it was great and went by very quickly! I can't believe it's already the weekend again! On Monday, there was a security talk at the school about safety which was helpful but nothing that I didn't already know. Lots of "Be aware of your surroundings" "Don't go to places you don't know" "Follow your gut instincts" BLAH BLAH BLAH. They were helpful reminders though. Tuesday night, I went to Jose's bball game which they won against the 2nd best team in their league. It was a great game. Wednesday Spanish class started again woooooo. It was very easy and I felt comfortable with everything that was being said. I'm going to do my best to go more regularly this year because I definitely slacked a lot last year!
Thursday night was Open House at school and I had all of the parents in my class come except for one set that I knew already was not coming so that was exciting! It went really well and everyone was nice! I talked for a bit about myself, the class, my philosophy and then the spanish teacher came in and did her little presentation. We showed off all of our new technology and the parents seemed to be very impressed! After the spanish teacher talked, the parents went around and did a scavenger hunt of the classroom that their child had made for them. I figured they would not want to sit and listen to me talk the whole time, so they could explore the classroom that way! I was happy with how it went and everyone had nothing but positive things to say. It's fun to meet the parents because so many of them look just like their children!
I've been relaxing on the weekends mostly and this one will be no different. I am going for a run with the crew in the morning then Jose has another game tomorrow night. I don't have any work to do either because I am already almost fully prepared for the week ahead. This 2nd year with experience, the new technology we have, and this new reading/language arts curriculum has made my life!
Some other luxuries I have been enjoying since being back have been having Antonia, our maid, come twice a week this year. It is so wonderful to have her Tuesday and Friday. She does laundry both days, cleaning and cooks if we ask her to. She's made burritos, some egg frittata, some broccoli dish and some potato salad. All delicious! It's amazing to come home to clean sheets, bed all made and dinner ready to heat up. I also began this week getting the vegetable delivery service. There is a lady that comes and delivers organic fruits, vegetables, or other things like breads and muffins that she makes. I got my first delivery tonight so I am looking forward to having her come weekly again!
So overall, all is well. We have one more full week of school and then a short 3 day week for Independence Day. No big plans for that weekend yet but maybe a trip up to one of the national parks up north. Hope everyone at home is doing well. Love and miss you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment