In the afternoon, 3 other complejoers and I went on a free tour of the city. It was a replacement for the questionable tour we had for the Farralitos a few weeks before. We went to El Centro and went to the beautiful cathedral and a few other churches. Then stopped by Parque Cuscatlan where there is a wall with a bunch of names of people that died during the war.
We also stopped by a few other places but since it was Sunday, many things were closed. It was a nice tour but since I had just seen many of the things during my race a few weeks ago, it wasn't SO exciting but still interesting to get more information and history about some things.
This week is off to a good start and tomorrow is already Thursday, how wonderful! Tonight I had a field trip with my Spanish class. 3.5 hours of straight spanish, it was painful but fun. Our first stop was a nearby cathedral which was very beautiful, lots of stained glass. The circular windows on the side opened and I had never seen that before.
The circular stained glass windows that opened!
After the cathedral, we went to Antiguo Cuscatlan which has lots of great food places. We stopped in and had some pupusas (typical Salvadorian food) but it was fun to be out in the evening and attempting to speak spanish for a while. Our teacher just laughed the whole time. 2 of the guys always put -o on the end of words they don't know to try to put them in spanish haha.
The whole group of us!
Tomorrow and Friday are pretty typical days. Tomorrow night Jose has the 2nd game in the best out of 3 series for the championship of his bball league. They won pretty easily last night so I'm sure tomorrow will be the same. Friday, I'm planning to play soccer at the school and then this busy, busy weekend. Saturday's day trip to Suchitoto and then Sunday's EARLY morning kayak trip. Oh well, gotta stay busy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment