This was sunset on the beach!
We came back Monday and still had Tuesday off to relax. I decided to go watch Juan Felipe (my roommate Holly's bf) go paragliding because the spot they were going to was gorgeous!! It was over near the volcanos and we drove up a mountain...some true mountain driving...we drove through a small river and on a road that wasn't even really a road. There were 3 guys and they all got out all of their equipment and we got all set to go. We hiked up a little bit more and took everything out. It's quite the extensive process. They get out the parachute part and get all of their harness and landing bags set up and wait for a gust of wind and then take off running down the mountain to take off. It looks like a lot of fun-not sure I will try it though because it's quite dangerous.
This is Juan Felipe flying down the mountain. It was his first flight with the new "wing"-he was pretty excited!
This 3 day week is going well-glad tomorrow is Friday and it should be a pretty low key day. This weekend is the Marine Ball so I have to get all done up. It's like prom all over again. We have nail appts tomorrow after school and then are getting our hair done on Saturday afternoon before the big event on Saturday night. I'm borrowing a dress from a friend because I obviously don't have any ball gowns here. I'm not really sure what to expect but it will be an experience and something fun to do :)
A few friends and I on Halloween. I had a cone to top off my crayon costume but it kept falling off my head so I just carried it instead.
Another funny class moment
-So one of the boys in my class is really into this book that he is reading but it's in spanish so he's not supposed to read it in english class. So I asked him to put it away. He went and got another book but the next time I looked at him, he was hiding the spanish book inside of the english book so that it looked like he was reading the english book. It was hard not to smile because it was so cute and so great that hes so excited about his spanish book, it's just not the time!!! haha
Well that's what's going on in my life these days. This weekend should be fun and I'll try to post more pictures next week but my camera is currently MIA. Hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoys the weekend, miss you!!
you are soooo tan!! wishing i were on a beach ;) have fun at the ball this weekend!
ReplyDelete