Sunday, November 7, 2010

First Marine Ball

So this weekend was the big Marine Ball and it was soo much fun. We went to get our nails done on Friday and then just hung out and went to bed early to prepare for the next day. Saturday afternoon we got out hair done and I am not too picky about what my hair looks like so my friend Diana had found a few pictures online and I asked if I liked them and I said "Yeah sure, looks great" haha. So we went to the salon and it turned out soooo well, i loved it. It was parted on the side, with a french braid on one side and then the rest of my hair twisted in the back to a low curly bun off to one side. There were two other girls getting their hair done too and salvadorian style (things always take waaaaaay longer than they should), we were running very, very late. So late that I had 15 minutes to get dressed, do my make up and get ready to go. That was exciting. We ended up making it on time and everything worked out perfectly.


All of the marines are introduced and line up to be "presented".


This was the ambassador (the guest of honor) getting the first piece of cake-that they cut with a sword-interesting.

We got to the ball and the first hour was just drinks and socializing, oh and taking some nice prom style pictures. Then we went into the dining room and sat down before the Marine ceremony. It wasn't too long of a ceremony, the ambassador talked, they cut the cake, and we watched a short video....short and sweet. Then it was time to eat. We had salad, i had chicken, and then they had little mini cheesecakes and the big cake for dessert and open bar all night long. After dinner, the dancing started and I don't think I sat down once from 10pm-1am. I didn't really drink a whole lot because I was too busy dancing. It was a good mix of spanish and english music and oh my gosh I was sooo tired by the end of the night. Everyone was having a great time and just enjoying the night.


My friend Diana and I. Both dresses are hers (I borrowed one because I seemed to have forgotten all of my formal gowns when I came here.)


A whole group of us at the ball.

Today I relaxed most of the day and hung out with Sarka (the dog) because Holly was gone for the weekend. I went to see Wall Street at the movies this afternoon. It was good and only $3.25. I can definitely get used to that!! Nothing too out of the ordinary this week. We are already a week into November now, can't believe it. Also, I'm excited because now that Daylights Savings is done, we are on the same time zone!! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment