So this week went by soooo fast and things are going wonderfully. I love my class so much and we have so much fun. I am definitely in a routine now with the kids so we know what is expected in our classroom. During the week, I had lots of Spanish classes and went out to dinner with some friends at an Indian restaurant that was delicious (I guess it was another first for me...eating Indian food). The food was good but it was super expensive!
I have the Spanish classes at school after school on Mondays and Wednesdays and then am meeting on Tues and Thurs afternoons with a salvadorian friend named Diana. She is trying to improve her English so we switch off working in English and working in Spanish. I feel like I am getting a lot better which is good because.....
Today we had a professional development meeting in the afternoon and it was entirely in Spanish which was just awesome. NOT. I was able to understand probably 85% of it but there were still some things that went over my head. It was pretty boring actually (even in Spanish) and was about "Managing and Handling Difficult children in the classroom". It was 2 hours long and it could have probably been 15 but oh well, I survived.
I'm so glad today is Friday and have a few parties tonight and then am planning on going to the beach tomorrow and possibly Sunday too to relax and hang out. Tonight is one guy in the complejo's bday and then another couple is having everyone over for sushi night, can't wait!!
But overall, life is great. I can't believe we are already a week into October now. I'm going to be home before I know it. I will write again after this weekend but just wanted to check in and let everyone know I was thinking of them. Hope all is well. Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment