Thursday, October 28, 2010

LOTS of Firsts...

First Fall Festival
My class had collected enough coupons to earn a reward and so the class decided that they wanted to have a Halloween party but the principal here has to approve everything and she said No Halloween, No Candy, No chocolate. So the kids wanted to go "trick or treating" around the classroom for different things and brought things like pencils, stickers, erasers, little slinkies, random things. One mom came in with a popcorn making machine and made popcorn for the kids. The kids also brought in decorations to decorate the room and had a great time putting things up. It was a really fun time and the kids really enjoyed it.

This is a picture of some of the students decorating for the Fall Festival.


More decorating for the Fall Festival.


First Dance Production
So Friday Night was the Junior Dance Production at the school and a PRODUCTION it was. They spent near $25,000....yes 25 THOUSAND DOLLARS! They hire a choreographer to come in and they do about 7 different dances to all different types of music. In between each dance they have a music video that they had professionally made recreating some old songs. It was WAY over the top and there were restaurants and other businesses there with stands, 3 volvo cars out front for sale, it was ridiculous....quite the experience. The dances were slightly provocative too, lots of thrusting and shaking....would definitely not be allowed in the states.

This is a picture of the stage for the Dance Production. The big screens on the sides are where the videos were played.

First silly spanish moment
So I've been practicing Spanish with a friend every Tuesday and Thursday. Sometimes we talk in Spanish and other days we talk in English because she is trying to improve her English. Well I was telling her a story in Spanish the other day and I was trying to say "Thank god" and she helped me and told me it was "Gracias a dios". Well I started laughing because I hear people say that all the time but when you say it fast together it sounds like "Gracias Adios" like Thank you, goodbye and so I always thought thats what people were saying and was always very confused. Diana laughed at me for a good 10 minutes and still makes fun of me to this day.

First tears
So I rarely ever cry....if I'm happy or sad. But this past week I was feeling very emotional for some reason. We had the honor roll assembly and all of the parents come and the students who got the Honor Roll get recognized for their efforts. Well when my students were getting their names called I started to tear up and got all emotional and I was thinking, what is going on here? Haha I was so proud.

Well this weekend is a long one with Monday and Tuesday off for Dia de los Muertes (Day of the Dead). I'm heading to the beach tomorrow for the rest of the weekend and just relaxing around the house today. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the lovely fall weather you are having :) Miss you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment