Thursday, August 12, 2010

First first day of school

What a GREAT day!! It was so much fun and I think it's going to be a great year. After the last minute schedule change, having that morning plan time when the students are at Spanish is going to be awesome. So the 22 students came in, we separated their supplies for English and Spanish and they took off to Spanish class. Then I had some time to relax.

The rest of the day was filled with getting to know them and talking about what they did this summer. Many of them had very eventful summers such as learning how to fly their dad's plane, going to Miami, going on cruises, scuba diving, GOING to South Africa to see the world cup games, no big deal. They are all so cute though.

I'm feeling so good about everything. Not nervous or freaking out at all. I was home at 4:30 today and feeling fully prepared for tomorrow. I just can't believe I have my own class. I let them sit where they wanted to today just so I could get a feel for who is friends with who and who should not sit next to who. It worked perfectly :)

It's very nice that tomorrow is Friday so that I will have the weekend to recap and get ready for the next week. Overall, a wonderful day and my first day ever under my belt. I think it's going to be a great year.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy you enjoy your class and am looking forward to hearing more. Love you!

    ReplyDelete