Sunday, August 1, 2010

First week

Hello!
So it has already been a week and I can't believe it! After my delay of a day because of cancelled flights, I finally arrived Sunday evening. There were 2 past teachers waiting to greet me right outside the gate. Both of my suitcases made it as well and I had no trouble going through customs and immigration. The trip back to our apartments was about 30 minutes and I was greatly anticipating seeing my new home.

The week was filled with informational meetings at school, shopping trips to different stores for things that we would need and a few day trips to places in the area. We got to the beach on Thursday which was beautiful. The beach itself was a little rocky but we were at a private resort so we spent much of our time laying in hammocks and sitting by the pools.



We also took a day trip later in the week to a few towns nearby that had lots of cute shops, markets and great restaurants. This week we have off because of the August holidays. A week from today (the 9th) we will start full school orientation and have meetings Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and then the students will come for the first time on Thursday. We won't get any class lists until that Monday but it looks like I am going to have 21 kids in my class. Everyone is so helpful both where I live and also at the school. The support here is great, this is definitely the place for me to be right now. The classroom is still a work in progress but here is a picture of it just to get an idea, it's really big!

No comments:

Post a Comment