
This week I also started working on Spanish with a friend of a friend that is Salvadorian. She wants to improve her English and I definitely need to improve my spanish so we are going to help each other. We are going to meet once a week, maybe twice if we can work out our schedules. I'm really excited. Spanish classes at the school are starting up soon too and almost all of the other American teachers take the classes. They have three different levels so that you are working with people around your level.
The students at school never cease to amaze me with their perfectionism and people pleasing behaviors. I was reading something from a book and all of the kids were sitting on the floor in front of me. Something blew off of a table and a boy got up, walked over and picked it up. Well the fans were blowing, so it fell down again. So he proceeded to walk over to my desk, get the tape and put the tape on top of the poster so it wouldn't fall down again. Anytime they come back from recess, specials, or lunch...there are a few students that always say "Good afternoon Miss Marissa" or in the mornings "Good morning, Miss Marissa"...never fails. They are really amazing kids though and I'm so excited to have them as my first class.
This is a view from part of the city Suchitoto. I took a day trip there in the week before school started. It was beautiful!!
This weekend is full again. Friday an American teacher that lives outside the Complejo is having everyone over for "Happy hour" and then Saturday is Valeria's (the other 23 year old 5th grade teacher) birthday so she invited me over to her house for her party. It should be fun. Well I'm definitely glad tomorrow is Friday and ready to enjoy the weekend. Miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment