So it's finally here. The first day of school is tomorrow and I can not wait!! I am not really nervous at all and I am just feeling very ready to go. We started on Monday with grade level meetings and prep time in our classrooms. The class lists came today and I have 22 students. 13 boys and 9 girls. 3 Diego's....that should be interesting. I met a few students today and I think it's going to be a great year. It's so funny the difference in culture. In the states, it is a no-no to hug students or anything like that for legality reasons but here all of the students, parents, and other family members come in and greet with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly. All of the parents that came in today offered their help with anything I needed both inside of school or outside of it.

The room is all ready to go and activities planned for the day. The students will have spanish right away in the morning so I will have some extra time right away which will be nice. My schedule was changed as of yesterday so I've already learned to be VERY flexible with things at this school. I'm just going with the flow and taking things as they come.

I can't believe this day is really here, after all of the classes in school, student teaching and preparation. It's time to go out on my own and have a class that is all my own. I will never have another night before my very first day but I am definitely ready to go. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment