So I've been slacking on the posting but it's been a busy week. I've had a really great week so far. We are starting to get into routines at school so the students know what is expected of them and that makes things soo much easier. I have a nice schedule each day because the students come in the morning and I have them for 15 minutes before they go to spanish right away. After spanish, they have recess so I have a good while to do some planning or other last minute things that I need to do in the mornings. It makes for long afternoons with the kids, but I try to break things up and take little breaks here and there.
I definitely have days that I think go really well and days that I wish things had gone differently but I just take each day as it comes. All of these kids are little perfectionists and always check everything with me before they do it because they don't want to make mistakes. Everything is "miss, miss is this right?" "Miss, is this going to be graded?" It's a little ridiculous at times. Another thing, everything they write has to be in cursive (school policy), so when I write things on the board, I need to model cursive. That has been interesting haha.
Overall, things are going really well. I realized that I think Thursdays are going to be my favorite day of the week. Thursdays mean only one more day in the week and no morning meetings on Fridays so no rushing around. This weekend, I have a friends bday party at our apartment's pool on Friday and possibly going to the beach for the weekend (rough life, I know haha) Hope all is well at home. Miss and love you all!
i like when you post pictures with the blog entries.
ReplyDelete