Thursday, September 9, 2010

First invite from a student

Hello!
This week has gone really well. We had a full week, no Labor Day off for us, but it has gone by soooo fast. I can't believe it. Another week down. The weather has been gorgeous the last couple of days too which really helps out a lot. We have a four day week next week though because of Independence Day on Wednesday. Which brings me to the invitation....

So one of my students is part of a big family that goes to the school so she has lots of brothers and sisters in the middle and upper school. This family is very well known in the area and owns a department store here similar to a Sears maybe? Anyways...she invited me to go with her family to their lake house on our holiday next Wednesday. She was so cute and told me that I didn't need to bring anything and they would drive me. All I needed to bring was myself, my bathing suit and a change of clothes. I could even bring a friend if I wanted to and a few of the other international teachers were invited too (by her siblings) so I would know other people that were going. She was so cute and I told her that I would love to go. It will be an interesting experience and something that would be such a no-no in the states. Culture here is just so different and it's not uncommon for this type of thing to happen. I can only imagine how ridiculously nice the house must be too. The mom asked me if I know how to water ski and told me that if I didn't, her daughter would be able to teach me haha I'm excited. It should be fun.

Other than that, this weekend will be nice. Tomorrow night we have another little happy hour/ TGIF party at one of the apartments here and then Saturday I'm going to meet up with some ladies for lunch. My friend Hanna's mom had some friends coming down here so they sent a box of things with them to give to me. I'm excited to see what they sent :)

I also started Spanish classes at the school this week. I was put in the intermediate class which surprised me but I did just fine. So every Monday and Wednesday after school, we meet for an hour and a half. It will be so great. I felt good too because when the teacher was talking and introducing the class and stuff, I understood everything he was saying. It's definitely all coming back to me. Other than that, not a whole lot. Hope everyone had a great week and enjoys the weekend! Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment