Two things happened today that I just had to share...
1) We were playing a game in math to practice multiplication where there were two teams....boys vs. girls and I had written a bunch of answers on the board. I called out a problem and each team had a fly swatter that the first player needed to go swat the number on the board. Well a few times one of the teams would swat the incorrect answer so the other team would have a bit more time to make sure they got it right. Well there is one boy in the class that has a hard time paying attention and is always distracted but he was REALLY into this game. So one time the girls swatted the wrong answer and he got soooo excited and was like "OK, TAKE YOUR TIME! YOU HAVE ALL THE TIME IN WORLD" and he was soooo into it! I loved seeing him actually be excited about something. I wanted to say something to him about being quiet and not yelling but I just started laughing.
2) We are having a class election on Monday because we are learning about democracy, forms of government, and voting. So the kids had to decide which position they wanted to run for and then write a speech about why they think the class should vote for them. Some of the speeches are sooo cute and the kids will give them on Monday, they are really excited. Well a few kids were asking me if they could bring stickers or little candies to give to people to try to get votes. To start with I was like...stickers, ok....a little candy, ok....then I get to one of the boys and he asks if he could bring personalized scissors for everyone and a FISH!!!! I was like uhhhhh scissors, maybe.....a fish, no way!! But he could not understand why that wouldn't be ok. He told me that he could just bring in his tank and everyone could take a fish home in a cup. hahaha I was trying so hard not to laugh and didn't know what to say. After that ordeal, I decided that it would be better if nobody brought anything. I turned it into something positive and made something up like "It should be about what you say anyways, not what you bring to give to people" haha
Oh it was a hilarious day. Tonight I'm going to the embassy with a bunch of other American teachers for happy hour and then probably just relaxing. Tomorrow, one of the other teachers here is having an Oktoberfest party so that should be fun. It's supposed to be pretty rainy and there is a hurricane in the area so it might be a great weekend to curl up, watch some movies and lay around. Can't wait :)
No comments:
Post a Comment