So today was the big day. We had the day off for Independence Day and I went with a student's family to their house by the lake. It was a great day and so much fun. We got there around 11am and relaxed for a while before going out on the boat/jet ski. There were 5 other teachers from the upper school that went along too because my student has an older sister too. So it was the other teachers, the sister, Shelly, my student, and the parents. The whole family was soo nice. I went on the big boat with most of the group and we were all knee boarding. I had never done it before but I got up on the board and did really well (pictures of that are to come later). It was such a good time. After we were out on the water for a while, we went back to the house and had lunch. Sooooo much food, it was delicious. Burgers, tamales, corn on the cob, cake, ice cream, cookies and m&ms. Amazing!

Sitting on the deck by the lake.
After dinner we sat by the lake chatting and relaxing, it was wonderful. It was a really nice day but felt strange that it was a Wednesday but feels even more odd that I have school again tomorrow. I'm going to be so sore tomorrow too from the kneeboarding. My arms were burning sooo bad while I was doing it.

View of the back terrace, complete with volleyball court below.
I'm so excited for this weekend too cuz I'm going on a surf/yoga retreat. Should be a good time. Lots of relaxing, learning how to surf, doing some yoga, thai massage and eating all cleansing vegetarian food. Just have to get through 2 more days of school first :)
No comments:
Post a Comment