So I have never had a massage in my whole life and people here get them pretty regularly so I thought I'd try it out. There are a few people that come to the complejo and give cheap massages. I mean $10 for an hour long massage, you can't really pass that up. The lady came over after school and it was wonderful. A great way to wind down from the day. I was so relaxed all evening and slept great last night.
I can't believe tomorrow is already Friday. This week has gone by so fast. Overall, the week has gone really well. We started our first class novel, Esperanza Rising, and the students are really into it. There are parts in Spanish so they laugh at me when I don't pronounce them exactly correctly or with an "English accent" they always giggle and say "Miss Marissa, you have such a funny accent". I really love my class though! We also had our first math test this week and I was a little worried because they were having a lot of trouble with the concepts. As a whole, the class did really well. There were even 3 kids that got over 100% with the bonus question. There were also a few that didn't do so well so I'm thinking since it was the first test, I may give them the option to retake it. So many of these kids are little perfectionists so I don't want them to get down on themselves after just one test. I explained to them that it was one test and they will have plenty of opportunities to make up the points.
This weekend I don't have too much planned. Hopefully relaxing quite a bit and maybe going to the beach. I have another Spanish lesson tomorrow after school. A friend of a friend is helping me out with my spanish. We got together for an hour and a half on Tuesday and spoke only Spanish. She is so helpful and refuses to let me speak English. I'm sure my grammar was horrible but she would ask me questions about things and we were just talking about all kinds of things....some of my students, my family, studying abroad in Ireland, my day at school. My spanish is definitely getting better and better.
Other than that, nothing really new going on. Very rainy weather because it's technically the "wet" season but it's usually at night so isn't a problem at all. I'm hoping this weekend is nice so I can get some sun. I hear it's been pretty hot at home so hopefully it starts to cool off soon. Miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment