We had great meals all weekend. All vegetarian food and amazing! There were 2 other people from El Salvador and then 4 teachers from the American school in Guatemala. It was a good group. Saturday morning we woke up and did some yoga. I had never done it before so it was definitely a new experience. I really liked it though and it was very relaxing
This is the table where we ate all of our delicious meals. This was breakfast, complete with fresh coconuts.
After our morning yoga, we relaxed around the pool and then went down to the beach. At the beach, we did a bunch of synergy yoga or partner yoga. It was fun and intense because you really had to trust the other person. After the beach, we had some lunch and sat around the pool. In the evening, we went to a sweat lodge. It was this little cave and I mean little. They crammed about 20 people into there and it was pitch black. Then they brought in burning rocks and a man was talking about things and pouring water on the rocks so it was getting very very steamy. I didn't really like it that much so when they opened the door one time to get more rocks, I left and hung out in the pool outside until the ceremony was finished. Saturday night was more eating and relaxing.
The waves were HUGE over the weekend so we practiced in the pool, learning the basic idea of how to get up on the board.
Sunday morning, I had a thai massage which was awesome! It was 100x better than the massage I had last time. That last massage was kind of painful but this one was really different. We had another morning yoga session, another trip to the beach and then just hung around the resort. We came back Sunday afternoon but it was such a relaxing, wonderful weekend that it was hard to come back to reality for work on Monday. I got some sun too which is always nice. I think I will try to continue doing yoga because I was definitely sore and it was very relaxing. I think I might go on one of the retreats again in the future. It was a great time!
haha, I had to laugh at the pic of you surfing! you look a little tense :) sounds like another awesome adventure! miss you!!
ReplyDelete